Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sharing The Mount with Each New Generation

From a supporter in Georgia:

In 2004, I received my Master of Arts degree in English Literature. I wrote my thesis on Edith Wharton's fabulous novel The House of Mirth. The following year, my husband and I traveled from our home in Georgia to Massachusetts to tour the area and see The Mount because of my love for Edith Wharton. I truly fell in the love with the beauty and history of the house and gardens! Since then, we have visited two more times and have found something new upon each visit.

I am deeply saddened by the news of the impending foreclosure on this beautiful property and hope it can be saved through the efforts of Edith Wharton's supporters and fans. I had a baby girl this past year and was looking forward to sharing The Mount with her one day. I hope that with the help of everyone, this can still happen!


A young Edith Wharton